Saturday, April 30, 2011

Talking Colors, Part 3


Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Previous Page (2) Next Page (4)

______________________________________________

I knew that if God was going to use colors in spiritual language, the Bible would have to answer for itself what those colors meant.

And so, the journey begins...

----

I tried taking the ColorQuiz. Although personally, I found this quiz quite accurate, it's not as if the webmaster is going to simply give me the quiz's code just for the asking... if I could even understand it.

So I had the Bible.

I had already tried to split the color spectrum into 6ths. Sixes were an easy number and seemed to be a number of significance in the Bible other than seven.

Seven is God, Six is man, five is a woman... (I don't know about the woman part, I just heard it somewhere)...

When I looked in the Bible, I figured, "hey, twelve a number that can be used to divide the color spectrum!"

"Where am I getting this from?", you ask.

The additive color spectrum is divisible by thirds, sixths, twelvths, so on and so forth. With three primary colors, I knew there are intermediate combinations (6) and tertiary colors (12 all together) available.


So I was looking for anything important enough in the Bible that would fall into 3rds,, 6ths, 12ths, and so on.

One other problem: I couldn't read or understand Hebrew. Thankfully, I had a copy of the New International Version Bible with a Study Guide footnotes.

You can read the some of the passages that I read, (without study guide), here:

Biblos.com

Genesis 29:all

Genesis 30:1-24

Genesis 35:16-26

Notes: Laban means "White"; Jacob means "One who wrongfully holds the place of another"; Esau means "hairy" (nickname Edom means "red")

When His inspiration came for , "Twelve Tribes" of Israel, I could run to my Bible.

This would be the ultimate test of how much the utility the Bible had. I knew I would find something in the Bible - but I was also also holding pretty firmly to those colors as well...

Happy coincidence.

Did you know that the word "coincidence" does not exist in the Hebrew language? So I've heard...

Previous Page (2) Next Page (4)

________________________________________________

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

No comments:

Post a Comment